Aldi operates their stores in line with their philosophy – “incredible value every day.” They pride themselves on their very streamlined processes, and strive to uphold the highest quality of customer service.
Aldi Store FAQs
- Aldi features mostly non-name brand grocery items at their stores, and offer very low prices on many of their items.
- You’ll need to bring a quarter with you to access a grocery cart for your Aldi shopping trip, as all of the carts are linked together. Just insert a quarter in order to “free” a cart for your grocery shopping trip. Once you’re done shopping, link it back to the existing line of carts, and your quarter will be returned to you.
- Aldi does not offer complimentary bags for your groceries. You can either bring a reusable bag from home, or you can purchase an Aldi bag on your way through the checkout lane. Aldi does offer empty boxes for their customers to use as an alternative to bags (similar to the boxes available at Sam’s or Costco).
- Aldi ONLY accepts cash or debit cards for payment.
- Aldi does not accept coupons.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality of the Aldi store brands you purchase, simply return the unused portion (or even the empty box) along with the receipt, and Aldi will not only reimburse you for the cost of your purchase, but will give you a replacement item as well.
Aldi Online Resources
Current Aldi Deals
- You can find all of the current Aldi deals here.