Since 2002, Produce for Kids has partnered with more than 3,000 retail stores across the United States to raise money for children’s non-profit organizations. In fact, Produce for Kids has raised 3.1 million dollars for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals since its inception.
Produce for Kids kicked off their annual spring campaign in May, and will be donating the funds raised to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. As an added bonus, shoppers can help support Produce for Kids in their efforts by purchasing select produce products featured at their local grocery store.
For instance, when shoppers buy any of the following products at their local Meijer grocery store, they will be helping to raise money for local children’s hospitals:
- Dole Packaged Salads
- Mexican Hass Avocados
- Shuman Produce Vidalia Onions
- Marzetti Salad Dressing
- Well-Pict Berries
- Highline Mushrooms
- Klondike Rose & Red Potatoes
- Top Line Mini Cucumbers and Tomatoes on the Vine
- Nature Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- Sunset Campari Cocktail Tomatoes
- Dulcinea PureHeart Mini Seedless Watermelon
- California Peaches, Plums, and Nectarines
Produce for Kids strives to promote healthy eating habits by utilizing a variety of promotional campaigns in local grocery stores across the country as well as online games and resources for children and their parents. Produce for Kids also provides materials to elementary school teachers designed to teach kids about healthy eating habits.
In addition to the online games, Produce for Kids offers a variety of Ideal Meals – meals that are not only quick and easy to prepare, but are nutritious and kid-friendly as well. Visitors to the site will have the opportunity to browse through four different categories – Breakfast Boosts, Lunchbox Faves, Let’s Do Snacks, and Delectable Dinners.
To celebrate their spring campaign, Produce for Kids is featuring a sweepstakes with prizes including interactive gaming systems, kitchen cookware sets, and chances to win grocery gift cards. As an added bonus, Meijer and Produce for Kids would like to offer one of my readers a $50 Meijer Gift Card.
You have four ways to enter this giveaway:
- Visit the Produce for Kids Ideal Meals page. Leave a comment on this post letting me know your favorite Ideal Meal recipe. This entry must be completed before entering with any of the other methods listed below. If this entry is not completed, any subsequent entries will be removed.
- Subscribe to Cincinnati Cents’ feed via RSS or e-mail and then leave a comment letting me know that you’ve subscribed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know that as well.
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
- Follow @CincinnatiCents on Twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
Please make sure you leave a separate comment for each method of entry on this post.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Monday, June 27th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This giveaway was provided by Meijer and Produce for Kids. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.