Living in a household with five other family members guarantees a certain level of chaos and clutter. In order to minimize our clutter and maintain an orderly home, I have found it imperative to have a systematic cleaning routine in place.
For years, I have made my own cleaning charts, and have even color-coded them according to each family member’s chores and responsibilities (see, I told you I had a type A tendency!). However, I would inevitably forget certain tasks that needed to be completed on a routine basis – things like cleaning light fixtures, scrubbing out the stove, or working on larger projects such as the attic or the storage shed.
When I would discover the items that had been neglected from my list, I often felt the need to revamp the system to include those newly added chores. This would create another time-consuming project, and would often leave me feeling frustrated about the system in its entirety.
Last year, as I was searching the internet for new organizational strategies, I stumbled across the Motivated Moms website. I have to admit, I was completely floored by the simplicity and thoroughness of their system. These chore planning systems cut through the chaos of housework, and enable you to focus on your family, while maintaining some semblance of sanity!
The Motivated Moms planners are available as either a printable ebook, or as an app for the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android. There’s a full-page edition that includes a space for appointments, notes, and a box for planning that day’s menu. You can also choose the Bible version that includes daily scheduled readings, enabling you to read through the Bible in a year.
This planner is truly a lifesaver for me. It helps me remain organized, and enables me to keep track of the items that need to maintained in our household throughout the year. I also love the accountability of the scheduled Bible readings. While I typically read the Bible on the daily basis, this creates a clear-cut plan for each day, making it a simple part of my routine.
The apps are priced at $7.99 each, and the ebooks are $8. For the next two weeks, if you enter the promotional code CENTS at checkout, you’ll receive $1 off the purchase of any Motivated Moms ebook, bringing your total down to just $7.
As an added bonus, Motivated Moms is giving away a 2013 planner to one of my readers who will have the choice of either an ebook version or the app for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Want to win? You have six ways to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post – what household task seems to be most difficult for your family to accomplish? This is a required entry!
- Like the Motivated Moms Facebook page – let them know that Cincinnati Cents sent you. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the Motivated Moms Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Subscribe to Cincinnati Cents’ feed via RSS or e-mail and then leave a comment letting me know that you’ve subscribed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know that as well.
- Follow Cincinnati Cents on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
Please make sure you leave a separate comment for each method of entry on this post.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Friday, January 18th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This giveaway was provided by Motivated Moms. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.