Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, AAA estimates they will assist over eight million motorists. They caution drivers that auto maintenance is the key ingredient to avoiding summertime travel breakdowns. Making sure that you have quality motor oil in your car is one essential way of preventing road trip problems.
Motor Oil Matters (or MOM) is a new consumer education and industry watchdog program by the American Petroleum Institute. This program has been established to stress the benefits of using quality licensed motor oil and to call out on the carpet those who engage in deceptive practices. Service centers can be quick to offer discounted services to people who are looking to reduce their automotive maintenance costs. It’s critical to ensure that your service provider is pouring quality motor oil into your vehicle before you settle for a cheaper deal.
Motor Oil Matters has composed an Oil Change Checklist to assist consumers in choosing the right oil and service provider for their vehicle. The checklist covers a variety of topics:
- Time for a change?
- Are you getting the right viscosity?
- Is it API-licensed?
- Do you know what you’re getting?
- Getting a full change?
- Going to a MOM-licensed installer?
- Did you get a receipt?
- When’s your next oil change?
This easy-to-use checklist enables people to be informed consumers and make sure they are getting the best bang for their buck. By utilizing these simple steps, you’ll ensure that your vehicle is being properly cared for, thereby extending its life and overall performance on the road.
Motor Oil Matters would like to offer one of my readers a $50 gift card to use on their next oil change. Want to win? You have six ways to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post – Are you usually the one who takes your vehicle to get an oil change or do you “delegate” this job to someone else (I’ve been guilty of this one!) ? This is a required entry!
- Subscribe to Cincinnati Cents’ feed via RSS or e-mail and then leave a comment letting me know that you’ve subscribed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know that as well.
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
- Follow Cincinnati Cents on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like Motor Oil Matters on Facebook – let them know that Cincinnati Cents sent you! Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the Motor Oil Matters Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, July 30th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: The information and gift card have been provided by Motor Oil Matters. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.