The LEGO Store is featuring a free VIP Valentine’s Day Building Event on Saturday, February 11th. This event is for LEGO VIP members only (Not a VIP? No worries…it’s easy and free to sign up!).
With this event, children ages 6-14 will have the opportunity to build a cool LEGO rose model. You can call or visit your local LEGO store to register for this event.
On Saturday, February 25th, USA Hockey and 300 local associations across the country will be hosting a Try Hockey For Free Day! This event encourages kids, ages 4 to 9, to come try youth hockey as part of Hockey Week Across America.
All locations will have limited equipment available for use. You can find the closest Try Hockey event near you here.
After a ten year run, Lowe’s has discontinued their children’s Build & Grow Program. Their final program was held in December of 2016.
If you’re still looking for a hands-on construction activity for your kids, be sure to check out Home Depot’s Kids Workshops. Their next workshop will be held on February 4th when children will have the opportunity to build a Valentines Photo Box.
You can register for this event here.
Toys “R” Us will be hosting a free Pokemon Trade & Collect Event on Saturday, February 4th from noon until 2 p.m. Participants will receive a free Cosmog foil card and a Pokemon TCG Sun & Moon collector’s album.
This event is open to children ages 6 and up while supplies last.
Register your kids to build a free LEGO Raccoon Mini Model at your local LEGO Store on February 7th or 8th. This event is open to children ages 6-14.F
The National Parks have announced their free entrance days for 2017:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Are you looking for something to do today that won’t break the bank? Here are some free happenings in the tri-state area today:
- Free LEGO Narwhal Mini Model Build Event – Register your kids to build a free LEGO Narwhal Mini Model at your local LEGO Store on January 4th. This event is open to children ages 6-14.
- Free Blood Pressure & Stress Screenings – Owens Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Center is offering free blood pressure and stress screenings today from 9 a.m. until noon.
- REC Reads at the Cincinnati Art Museum – Bring your toddler or preschooler to the Rosenthal Education Center on January 4th from 11:30 a.m. until noon for a morning of art-themed story books, songs, and sensory activities. This 30 minute program will get your little one excited about art in a fun and interactive way. This activity is free and reservations are not required.
- Weekly Wednesday Bluegrass Night at Pit to Plate BBQ – Enjoy Weekly Wednesday Bluegrass Night at Pit to Plate BBQ tonight from 7-9 p.m. This event will be hosted by Vernon McIntyre’s Appalachian Grass.
- Board Game Night at Price Hill Library – The Price Hill Public Library will be hosting a Board Game Night from 3-4 p.m. today.
- Craft Work at the Westwood Library – The Westwood Public Library will be hosting a Craft Work event from 3-4 p.m. today. Children and teens ages 8-18 are invited to come and play with art.
- Fun with Science at Elmwood Library – Join the Elmwood Public Library for Fun with Science from 3:30 until 4:45! Ms. Emma, an architectural engineering student at the University of Cincinnati, will engage teens and tweens in science activities based on concepts of design.
- Teen Chef at Reading Library – Teens are invited to come to the Reading Public Library from 3:30 until 5:00 p.m. to participate in the Teen Chef event. Kids ages 12-17 can play with their food and eat it, too as a different food related craft or creation will be the topic each month.