The National Parks have announced their free entrance days for 2017:
- January 16: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- April 15-16 and 22-23: Weekends of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 30: National Public Lands Day
- November 11-12: Veterans Day Weekend
Are you looking for something to do today that won’t break the bank? Here are some free happenings in the tri-state area today:
- Free LEGO Narwhal Mini Model Build Event – Register your kids to build a free LEGO Narwhal Mini Model at your local LEGO Store on January 4th. This event is open to children ages 6-14.
- Free Blood Pressure & Stress Screenings – Owens Chiropractic and Rehabilitation Center is offering free blood pressure and stress screenings today from 9 a.m. until noon.
- REC Reads at the Cincinnati Art Museum – Bring your toddler or preschooler to the Rosenthal Education Center on January 4th from 11:30 a.m. until noon for a morning of art-themed story books, songs, and sensory activities. This 30 minute program will get your little one excited about art in a fun and interactive way. This activity is free and reservations are not required.
- Weekly Wednesday Bluegrass Night at Pit to Plate BBQ – Enjoy Weekly Wednesday Bluegrass Night at Pit to Plate BBQ tonight from 7-9 p.m. This event will be hosted by Vernon McIntyre’s Appalachian Grass.
- Board Game Night at Price Hill Library – The Price Hill Public Library will be hosting a Board Game Night from 3-4 p.m. today.
- Craft Work at the Westwood Library – The Westwood Public Library will be hosting a Craft Work event from 3-4 p.m. today. Children and teens ages 8-18 are invited to come and play with art.
- Fun with Science at Elmwood Library – Join the Elmwood Public Library for Fun with Science from 3:30 until 4:45! Ms. Emma, an architectural engineering student at the University of Cincinnati, will engage teens and tweens in science activities based on concepts of design.
- Teen Chef at Reading Library – Teens are invited to come to the Reading Public Library from 3:30 until 5:00 p.m. to participate in the Teen Chef event. Kids ages 12-17 can play with their food and eat it, too as a different food related craft or creation will be the topic each month.
Home Depot is sponsoring a Free Kids’ Workshop on Saturday, January 7th from 9 a.m. until noon. Children ages 5-12 will have the opportunity to build a FREE Crate Toolbox. You can stop by the Home Depot website to register for this free event online.
In addition, each participant will receive a child-sized orange apron (similar to the Home Depot associates’ aprons) and an achievement pin.
Register your kids to build a free LEGO Narwhal Mini Model at your local LEGO Store on January 3rd or 4th. This event is open to children ages 6-14.
Groupon is currently offering a $20 eGift Card to Chuck E. Cheese’s for just $15. This offer is valid at 4 different Chuck E. Cheese’s locations throughout the Cincinnati region.
This offer will be available through December 16th or while supplies last.
Educents has their Times Tales Animated DVD on sale for $16.16 when you enter the coupon code HOLIDAY at checkout (regular price is $29.99).
Times Tales makes learning the upper times tables easy and fun for kids. The videos use cute, simple stories that provide students with a “memory peg” that allows them to quickly recall otherwise abstract multiplication facts.
As kids progress through the video, they’ll learn their multiplication facts without even realizing that they’ve done so! This is a great companion or introduction to teaching multiplication. The set includes the updated Times Tales Upper Times Tables DVD as well as a bonus Division CD.
You can find more great deals from Educents here.
Northgate Mall is hosting a FREE Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 10th at 9 a.m. This event will feature a visit with Santa, doughnuts, and festive fun.