Any parent who has a child that plays an outdoor sport knows that there are key elements to being a “soccer or baseball or football (or fill in the blank) mom or dad.” It’s essential to have your child arrive at practices and games on time, you must always be their biggest fan and their most understanding shoulder to cry on, and you must (sigh!) do their laundry after the big game.
Although I was a short-term soccer mom (does a season and a half even count?!), I’ve been a baseball mom for as long as I can remember. From t-ball to rec ball to select ball, I’ve hauled more bats, gloves, balls, and sports drinks than I ever could have imagined in this lifetime. And as much as I love watching my kids, I don’t cherish the resulting dirty laundry.
Through the years, I’ve tried a number of different stain removers with mixed results. However, part way through last season, I heard some of the parents talking about “this bar” that worked miracles. Promptly steering myself in their direction, I inquired what the product was and where I could find it.
Little did I know that the parents were referring to Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar & Stain Remover. At first glance, this bar of soap that cost just over a dollar did not exactly impress me. It looked like an elongated bar of body soap….and I had to wonder how it was going to remove the outfield from my son’s baseball pants. However, I gave the product a shot, and I was more than impressed! With minimal effort from me, the Purex Fels-Naptha removed all of the stains and left his uniform looking brand new again (trust me – that’s no easy feat!).
Since that time, I have started using Fels-Naptha for not only baseball-related stains, but I’ve utilized it to remove dirt, grease, and a variety of other stains from our family’s clothing. It works amazingly well as pre-treatment for clothing as well as for stain treatment and removal. The process is very simple. I moisten the area of clothing that has acquired a stain (yes, that is a piece from our daughter’s tea set – it’s the perfect size and she hasn’t noticed that I’m using it quite yet!).
Once wet, I rub the Purex Fels-Naptha in a circular motion onto the stained area.
Utilizing a toothbrush (no worries – it’s just a cleaning toothbrush!), I scrub in a circular motion to remove the stain.
And, voila! The stain is gone and the pants look as good as new.
Purex would like to give one of my readers 3 bars of Purex Fels-Naptha Laundry Bar & Stain Remover. Want to win? You have six ways to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post – What is the worst type of stain that you dread finding in the laundry? This is a required entry!
- Subscribe to Cincinnati Cents’ feed via RSS or e-mail and then leave a comment letting me know that you’ve subscribed. If you already subscribe, leave a comment letting me know that as well.
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
- Follow Cincinnati Cents on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like Purex on Facebook – let them know that Cincinnati Cents sent you! Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the Purex Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Friday, August 30th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This giveaway has been provided by Purex. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.