With Black Friday sales beginning earlier each year, and stores extending their hours of operation, it’s easy to get caught up in the frenzy of bargains, discounts, and sales. To help temper the busyness of the Black Friday sales events, Giving Tuesday provides an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.
On Tuesday, December 1st, World Vision will partner with Thirty-One Gifts for the 4th annual #GivingTuesday to help charitable donations make twice the impact. On #GivingTuesday, when you donate to World Vision by phone (1-888-511-6588) or online, your gift will be matched dollar for dollar by Thirty-One Gifts.
Thirty-One Gifts will donate one of their products such as a tote bag or a blanket for each donation made to World Vision, up to a total of one million dollars worth of products! These bags will be distributed to women and children in need throughout the world.
They’ll also be sent to those helping out in various communities. For instance, tote bags from Thirty-One Gifts have been distributed to volunteers in Burundi who utilize these bags to carry materials for educating local families about malnutrition. Prior to receiving these totes, the volunteers carried everything by hand. This simple gesture of giving preserves the teaching materials, and makes it easier for volunteers to visit each home.
One of the simplest ways to donate to World Vision is through the World Vision Gift Catalog, featuring more than 100 ways to improve the lives of children through gifts such as clean water, food, medicine, education, job training, and more. Gifts start at just $16 and be donated in honor of a loved one. In 2014 alone, more than 822,000 people were helped through the World Vision Catalog.
To raise awareness of #GivingTuesday, World Vision and Thirty-One Gifts would like to give away a Zip-Top Organizing Utility Tote from Thirty-One Gifts to one of my readers! Winners may add free embroidery on their tote as well.
You have six ways to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post – how does your family plan to give back this holiday season?
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
- Follow Cincinnati Cents on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the Cincinnati Cents Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like World Vision on Facebook – let them know that Cincinnati Cents sent you. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the World Vision Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
Please make sure you leave a separate comment for each method of entry on this post.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, November 25th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This giveaway was provided by World Vision and Thirty-One Gifts. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.