When our older two sons ventured out of the homeschooling classroom and into a brick and mortar school, we experienced an onslaught of items we’d never really considered before….permission slips, forms for every event and occasion known to man, backpacks, homework, and of course, packing lunches.
Considering that buying lunch every day wasn’t exactly a good fit for our family’s budget, we instead started kicking around ideas for a healthy food choices for daily lunches. As a mom, I’m a huge fan of foods that are high in protein that will pack a punch nutritionally to keep them alert and interested in their afternoon classes (okay….I’ll settle for alert!).
To that effect, their lunches typically contain any or all of the following food choices:
- lunchmeat and cheese sandwich (with spinach and tomatoes on the side!)
- apple slices
- cheese stick
- granola bar
Now I can’t say that an occasional pack of fruit snacks or snack cakes don’t make their way into their bags from time to time, but overall, high protein, low fat choices are the mainstays of their daily lunches.
Klosterman Bread would like to celebrate all the moms, dads, grandparents, and students who pack their lunches each day on National Pack Your Own Lunch Day on Tuesday, March 10th! To celebrate the Pack Your Own Lunch Campaign, consumers are invited to visit the Klosterman Bread Facebook page each day in order to vote on their favorite of two different Klosterman Bread-inspired sandwiches.
When you vote, you’ll automatically be entered to win a year’s worth of FREE Klosterman products! Two lucky entrants will win this contest.
As an added bonus, Klosterman Bread would like to offer one of my readers a month’s worth of FREE Klosterman Bread. One winner will receive 4 free Klosterman Bread coupons to use on the product of their choice.
You have six ways to enter this giveaway:
- Leave a comment on this post – are you a packer or a buyer for your daily lunch? If you’re a packer, what’s your favorite lunch to pack?
- Follow Cincinnati Cents on Pinterest. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like Cincinnati Cents on Facebook. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done so.
- Follow the Cincinnati Cents Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Like Klosterman Bread on Facebook – let them know that Cincinnati Cents sent you. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
- Follow the Klosterman Bread Twitter page and retweet this giveaway. Leave a separate comment letting me know that you’ve done this.
Please make sure you leave a separate comment for each method of entry on this post.
This giveaway ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, March 10th, and is open to all U.S. residents, ages 18 years or older. The winner will be selected randomly, and will be notified by e-mail. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. If no response is received by that time, a new winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This giveaway was provided by Klosterman Bread. All opinions expressed on Cincinnati Cents are (as always!) mine.