Kroger: Country Time Lemonade Money Maker

by Katie on June 26, 2012

There’s a hot money maker available on Kraft Barbecue Sauce and Country Time Lemonade at Kroger this week.  Both of these items are included in the Daytona 500 Mega Sale.  Plus, there’s a peelie coupon on the bottles of barbecue sauce for $2 off (1) Country Time Lemonade or Kool Aid Canister and (2) Kraft Barbecue Sauces.

By combining this coupon with the Mega Sale promotion, you’ll be able to score a hot deal on these products.  Here’s the scoop:

Purchase (3) Country Time Lemonade Canisters, $1.29 each
Purchase (7) Kraft Barbecue Sauces, $0.89 each
Receive $3 off instantly for purchasing (10) participating Mega Sale items
Use (3) $2 off Country Time Lemonade and Kraft Barbecue Sauce peelies
Pay $1.10 out of pocket, and receive a $2 catalina valid on your next order

This works out to a nice money maker of $0.90 – plus, you’ll be stocking up on a few summertime favorites!  Be sure to check out all of this week’s Kroger deals before you stop by your local store.

• Facebook
  • Twitter

{ 24 comments… read them below or add one }

Kimi June 26, 2012 at 8:37 am

Thank you. I’m making a stop. Would be an awesome food bank donation as well.

Katie June 26, 2012 at 9:03 am

You’re welcome! That’s a great suggestion for the food bank :)

Alicia June 26, 2012 at 11:35 am

Thank you so much! This was a steal!!!! And I ended up combining 4 more bbqs, 2 lemonades, plus a few more items from the sale/coupons to come out with almost no out of pocket!! Your site is amazing!

Katie June 26, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Thank you!

Krissy June 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm

I tried this an the cashier says they can only take the price of 1 canister off not the $2 because the way the coupon is worded you save $2 off a canister wyb 2 BBQ sauces not save $2 when you buy all 3 :( Still a great deal though thank u !!!!!

TEASHA June 26, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Will Kroger give you the overage on the Country Time coupon? I didn’t know Kroger gave overage.

Katie June 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Technically, they are not giving overage. You are purchasing (2) Kraft Barbecue Sauces which are $0.89 each or $1.78 total. You are also purchasing the Country Time Lemonade which is $1.29 – for a grand total of $3.07. Although you do receive $3 off your total when you purchase 10 participating Mega Sale Items, the $3 is taken off the total, and does not come off as a coupon on each item. So, the coupon is taken off the pre-sale pricing, which is why it scans through without an issue of overage.

Kevin June 26, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Just a word of warning — in the Nashville area, the Kool-Aid/Country Time cannisters are on sale for $2.29 (vs. $1.29) — so that adds a net $3 to the transaction cost. Still not a terrible deal overall, but just wanted to let people know. Thanks!

Erin June 26, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Going to check my local store in Chesapeake today. I saw on my Kroger’s ad that the BBQ sauce is part of the deal, but is the lemonade? Was it unadvertised? Thanks!

Katie June 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Although it is unadvertised, the Country Time Lemonade is part of the Daytona 500 Mega Sale promotion.

Erin June 26, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Thank you!!!

Katie June 26, 2012 at 6:25 pm

You’re welcome :)

Heather June 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

No peelies at my store :(

Erin June 26, 2012 at 7:53 pm

So the Country Time at your store is .79 after Daytona?!? That’s insane!

Katie June 26, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I know!!!

Lisa June 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

No peelies at my store either (central Virginia). Bummer.

Kathy balman June 27, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Kroger in GA country times are $1.70 so it ends upbeing aa little over $3 to do the deal but still a great deal.

shannon gregory June 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I went to the Delhi(Cincy) store last night and got 2 bottles of Kraft bbq & 1 kool aid. The kool aid there was only .99, I got a few other things as well and had no problem. I went to another kroger this morning hoping to get the same deal but the lemonade and kool aid were on sale for 1.79 there…i got 6 bottles of bbq sauce, 3 canisters of kool aid an 1 Gatorade for $3.70

Carrie June 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm

I just went and did this deal. I plan on going back and doing it a few more times. The Country Time is $2.00 at my store though so not as good as a deal but still a good deal. Thanks for pointing it out for us. I would have NEVER done it otherwise. My local food bank will be thrilled. :)

Katie June 28, 2012 at 10:13 am

You’re welcome!

Alyssa June 28, 2012 at 9:29 am

I got this deal this morning! I plan on going back on my lunch & doing it again : ) This webiste is awesome!! Thank you!! I only paid $1.29 oop & recieved $2 catalina! Woohoo!!!

Katie June 28, 2012 at 10:12 am

I’m glad you were able to pick up this deal :)

Kathy June 28, 2012 at 9:49 am

Katie,
I just want to thank you for showing people the right way to coupon. I just saw a blog post that said to to use the $2 peelie AND the $1 off 2 country time cpn that was in the paper, which you can’t do (or at least shouldn’t do) because they are both manuf cpns. I realize people make errors, but there have been comments and the post has not been corrected. That bothers me – this is a perfect example that you can save plenty using cpns the right way.
Thank you!

Katie June 28, 2012 at 10:12 am

Thanks, Kathy! As much as I love to coupon, I will only promote the use of coupons in an honest and ethical manner.